Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am here!



After 33 hours of travel I have finally arrived at A Rocha research center near Watamu, Kenya. It is a beautiful place located so close to the Indian Ocean I can hear the waves crashing on the shore as I write my blog. It is a bit warmer than the bay area. It is currently about 32 degrees Celsius (which is what in Fahrenheit?) and about 80% humidity. When we arrived we had a light lunch and then we were shown around the center. I am sending this from the Ocean Sports Resort in Turtle Bay. Their internet is a good deal faster than the local internet café. Tomorrow we start our first day at the Gede Ruins and we will be getting to know the monkeys that live among the ruins. I am a bit tired from all the traveling but I am happy to be here and look forward to what lays ahead.
Short Assignment: Find out what is the primary language in Kenya

No comments: